Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Um, Urist, put that thing down. No, seriously.  (Read 3903 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Um, Urist, put that thing down. No, seriously.
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 12:43:12 am »

Yep, highly annoying. I have had several no-i-will-not-put-this-insanely-heavy-object-down and over-my-dead-body syndromes. Forbidding item wont help, nor dumping or things like that. It's like they forget they're carrying something. But it seems they only release their cargo when they reach the border of burrow (YAY for that at least).

Not as annoying "bug" as military refusing to fight, though.
Could you add a tile of burrow to a spot near the slowpoke?  When Urist reaches the tile and drops the cargo, edit the burrow to remove that tile.

This hasn't been tested because I don't do a lot of outdoor projects, so at most I'll have someone hauling a log.  (One particularly funny story about this issue was a fisherman carrying a giant sperm whale.)
I'm pretty sure you can't remove tiles from burrows. If you can then I would like to know how because deleting burrows whenever a mistake is made can cause some problems.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 12:46:45 am »

Hit enter with the burrow selected, hit r to toggle between paint and erase.

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 08:43:45 am »

Well I recall once I sent a squad to kill the goblins, and axe lord went, beer barrel in hand.

Urist McSergeant:  Private McAxelord, where do you think you're going with that barrel?! We have goblins to kill!
Urist McAxelord: Sir, this is not a barrel sir!  This is my wooden flask sir!  I'm being efficient sir!
Urist McSergeant: .... carry on then.
hamster cheese supplies are low

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 09:22:43 am »

Ah, a small goblin army came. But this time some Urist McFarmer was carrying a camel corpse!
Oh no, put that down, go to the burrow quickly!

Unfortunately he didn't want to drop his camel, so I sent a squad to rescure him. To my dismay, the camel hauler returned alive, but the squad lose two soldiers before all goblins were killed. ::)

[DFHack]#die
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!
Pages: 1 [2]