Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Extraterrestrial Defense Department- Nation management during invasion  (Read 5360 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Extraterrestrial Defense Department- Nation management during invasion
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2014, 09:40:33 pm »

Warcrimes? Those poor chaps won't be around long enough to charge us, we should start producing Chemical Weapons first, then Biological. Mines won't do us much good unless the fighting goes underground or they start large ground offenses.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2014, 11:22:55 pm »

I doubt we'll be tried for war crimes, but if you'll remember, I already had us do a preliminary thing for bio-weapons, though I think the GM just misinterpreted me.

I wanted us to develop stuff specifically for their biology. Though, we'll probably need some live specimens for that....and a way to get through their likely environmental suits.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2014, 06:25:01 am »

Ready for the turn?
Pretty much, I think.

I think we can identify likely poisons just by looking at their basic biology. We can probably use the same mustard gas our forefathers used, that'll likely burn their lungs right off. It only gets tricky if you want an efficient poison.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2014, 01:38:34 pm »

Spoiler: Propositions (click to show/hide)

Orders for the retasking of the people with the new projects go out, the production lines are spooled up ready for production, and the aliens came back.
 Well, sort of. No ships where sent, but instead they started bombarding everything on the surface with what some are saying to be asteroids. This doesn’t do much, besides scare a number of civilians.

During all this the subs sent out shortly after the shooting down of the UFO returned from their missions to establish contact. The news they bring is both bad and good, as though most nations have massive levels of casualties (particularly in the cities) there is still resistance against the aliens, particularly in regions like the middle east, central Europe, northern Africa and (supposedly) Indochina. Nations that had prepared for nuclear war sent as many as possible to the shelters, and those nations with nuclear arms used them until they started getting destroyed on the ground by the aliens. SSBNs where still held in reserve, and most headed to the Arctic icecap, where they waited for orders.
 The world was in chaos, but the world was not done yet.

At the end of the week the council leafed through the reports sent in by the Department's teams.

Spoiler: Reports (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other News (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Facilities (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2014, 02:25:27 pm »

There going to be terminations in the engineer corps. >:(

Project unspeakable was ill advised, yes (didn't cancel that?), but I'm tired of the team throwing things( without rocket motors in them). It makes us look bad in front of the generals.

And people on project redundant just wasted 200 man-hours of valuable time. I don't need a 30mm cannon firing all sort of explosive shells at the speed of 3 a second, I need a proper high caliber machine gun that
a)can pierce alien armor from 500 metres and 75% of possible angles.
b)has a high rate of fire. 5-10 rounds a second sounds like good benchmark.
Do you have a KPV in that warehouse? Bring it, test it against an alien armor, and then (if it passes) you can enjoy your Pakemans or whatever it is you do.
(There's also the fact that we just spent a week retooling a production line to a round Dawn's guns can't fire. But I suppose that one's on me.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2014, 02:31:25 pm »

You did say version of the S-18 that is automatic.
The S-18 is a 20mm cannon.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]