Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just started DF again Unti Menu (u) question  (Read 604 times)

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just started DF again Unti Menu (u) question
« on: October 17, 2014, 08:24:56 pm »

its been a while, but when i goto the untis menu (u) and i try too hit enter to goto one of my dwarfs nothing happens, maybe im doing something wrong.

Im trying to set the jobs for my little dwarfs friends is the problem, so any help would be appriciated.

:)

Thanks
There is absolutely no time, to be taking time for granted. ~Busta Rhymes

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Just started DF again Unti Menu (u) question
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 09:15:36 pm »

I think its 'u' for the list and then 'z' to zoom to dwarf and you can get to labors from there :)

LordUbik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 10:18:18 pm »

Z key will bring you to the unit, thrn p-l will let you set labours.

To speed up and make everything easier, i suggest you to use the "Dwarf Therapist", it's a simple program that gives you a better control on your dwarves.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 01:49:13 am »

Or use the labor management screen plugin that comes with the Starter Pack/DFHack. You don't have to switch windows or load data like with DT, although it doesn't have as many sorting options or miscellaneous information.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 12:39:50 pm »

It's a DFHack plugin (manipulator). Are there specific options you have in mind?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 02:13:06 am »

It's a DFHack plugin (manipulator). Are there specific options you have in mind?
DT has some handy information like what your military has actually equipped, their attributes, and recommended roles (not quite as necessary.) The "Group By" feature arranges dwarves into discreet groups (such as migration wave.) Custom professions with defined labors are very handy as well.

Noticeably lacking from manipulator is a search option on the manage labors screen. (Search feature is one of Falconne's plugins, I think. Edit: Yes, aptly called "Search Plugin".)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 02:26:46 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 02:23:32 pm »

Okay thanks alot everyone, i got it now :)
There is absolutely no time, to be taking time for granted. ~Busta Rhymes