Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fortress Freeze - extreme job cancellation spam / pathfinding  (Read 746 times)

Burakin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fortress Freeze - extreme job cancellation spam / pathfinding
« on: October 17, 2014, 03:19:38 pm »

Not sure if its a bug or not so ill first ask.

Have a decent started fort going. I reached the caverns where i was headed in order to do some underground farming (walled of and such).

Before I got to building the walls I got a forgotten beast warning. I sealed of the stairs to the caverns with hatches cause my military wasnt ready for it.

When I figured it was I reopened the caverns  and send the troops down. Shortly after I started getting cancellation spam.
After searching the forums and other places i figured it had something to do with pathfinding in the rather maze like cavern.
So i removed the refuse dumping ground. Set all orders to gather bodies and refuse etc to none - forbade future death items and forbade all items on the cavens with a mass forbid.

This seemed to help for a short while....untill it didnt. The site slows down to a few ticks every haf minute.

Anyone has any suggestions what to fix now?

Havent figured out how to attach savefile here.

B

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Freeze - extreme job cancellation spam / pathfinding
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 03:26:00 pm »

They are probably trying to collect webs. Try turning it off. I think you can do it in the loom. Or in (o)rders menu.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 04:32:59 pm »

Alternately, there's a bunch of stuff trying to path into your fort through that hatch.  Try sealing with a bridge and see if that helps.

Burakin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 02:38:22 am »

Webs I did disable - as well as autobutchery and stuff.

pathing in huh....how would the bridge help? Cause id need t  put it down to have traffic going there?
could be it: when i forbade the hatch to lock out the forgotten beast earlier it ran fine.

Burakin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 am »

Dont seem to be able to get it fixed.

Saving the fortress for later use and starting over. Generating a world limiting the labyrintine qualities of caves.

thx for the responses

Azerax

• Bay Watcher
  • Azerax stops posting, seeking child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 11:07:13 am »

Webs I did disable - as well as autobutchery and stuff.

pathing in huh....how would the bridge help? Cause id need t  put it down to have traffic going there?
could be it: when i forbade the hatch to lock out the forgotten beast earlier it ran fine.

sealing it with a bridge will stop the pathing calculations.