Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Serious injuries in dwarves.  (Read 1786 times)

FierceNugWrangler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serious injuries in dwarves.
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 12:04:22 pm »

I once had marksdwarf in my most successful military fort who was such a badass in terms of attributes, skills, and kills that I instantly assumed he was a vampire. However he turned out to just be a really cool historical figure and brought his mom and pop and siblings along who were also interesting warriors.

He was the captain of my elite crossbow dwarves and once faced a goblin siege alone with mixed results. I don't remember the specifics but he ended up fearlessly charging about fifteen goblins with no ammo and only a copper crossbow while his buddies were still getting drinks and sleeping.

At first it was going well for him (I shamefully used danger room training in this fort) because he was in full steel and candy and could dodge everything. There were a lot of broken bones and passed out goblins on their side but eventually they started damaging his limbs somehow. Then they all curb stomped him for about a month. He survived thanks to his impervious helmet till the axedwarves got there, and he was still in one piece but all his limbs were completely crippled.

I felt rather bad for him at first but he was still ecstatic so I got over it and just gave him a good retirement.
Pages: 1 [2]