Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin Immigrants  (Read 1929 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Goblin Immigrants
« on: November 17, 2014, 04:43:22 pm »

I've recently started a fortress in a mountanous area, and i just hit my first autumn. When the usual dwarven carravan arrived, i got this message:

I immediately wondered how this was possible, because i knew goblins didn't send caravans. After opening the civ tab, i saw this:

Its just a normal dwarven civ, but three of the nobles are goblins.

I know it is possible to get immigrants from other races (everyone knows Cacame), but does this increase the likelyhood of me getting goblin Immigrants? And will they show up in my first immigrant waves or only the later ones. I haven't got an immigrant wave yet. (The fortress is located on a cave entrance and i had some !!FUN!! with a cave croc, so i abanoned/reclaimed the fortress.)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Immigrants
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 04:53:31 pm »

Cacame wasn't an immigrant he was the king of the civilization taking his throne, I don't think you get regular immigrants of other races.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 06:01:48 pm »

Cacame wasn't an immigrant he was the king of the civilization taking his throne, I don't think you get regular immigrants of other races.
But kings are counted as immigrants right? I might be completely wrong though.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 06:24:10 pm »

No, the arriving king is really just the world-gen-determined historical person moved to your fort. They are not migrants - they arrive separately, you having hit your immigration cap won't stop them from coming and of course, if you have a goblin king, then a goblin king is who'll grace you with his presence once you're worthy of being the capital.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 06:49:47 pm »

It's a shame you don't have a goblin king.  Then your dwarves would have to learn to dance..

Onomatopoeia

• Escaped Lunatic
  • A medium-sized creature fond of fry bread.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 07:48:05 pm »

"Dance, magic, dance!" I am sorry, I could't resist. :) I am actually having some non-losing fun right now qfter discovering the queen of my new fort is a goblin. In Legends mode it only describes her history as just having decided to become a mercenary for the dwarves, and then "ascended" the throne after other (not her civ or group) gobbos killed the dwarf king. I hope my new fort progresses, and survives long enough so I can attract her; it would something new for me. ;)

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 02:26:38 am »

Other races can come as nobles,  but not immigrants =(.  #1 on my wishlist atm