Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: initial dwarf cursed (?)  (Read 754 times)

Kallyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
initial dwarf cursed (?)
« on: October 13, 2014, 11:06:33 am »

So... dwarf therapist indicates one of my initial 7 dwarves is cursed. Is this possible or is it maybe a bug in therapist? So far the "cursed" dwarf shows thirst... is there a curse that still leaves the eat/drink need? How do i find out if the dwarfs deity cursed someone?
Im running ironhand 40.13A and therapist 26.0

Thanks in advance

Chaia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: initial dwarf cursed (?)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 11:30:12 am »

As far as I know the starting 7 and the first two migrant waves are completly new generated when needed. Is that world fresh generated or did you retire a fortress on that world?
Could be a bug on therapist too

Kallyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 11:33:30 am »

I had a fort that i abandoned, due to excessive *fun*. But this fort is new, it was not retaken or anything

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 12:46:03 pm »

This shouldnt be possible.

As Chaia says the founders and first 2 waves are generated at the map edge, they are not historical figures and I cant see anyway they could be cursed.

That said, DFTherapist does class a wide range of things as a 'curse', quite a number of status effects translate this way, including I believe syndromes.  I guess it's feasible your dwarf contracted something since entering your map, because before that he never existed.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 12:48:13 pm »

Upload a copy of your savegame to some public location (such as DFFD), and we should be able to analyze it directly and figure out exactly what's going on.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 02:11:37 pm »

Weren't the two hard coded waves removed a few releases ago?
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 03:50:29 pm »

No.  They still appear even if the civ is dead and are spawned out of thin air rather than from history.  Its kind of for just this scenario that they exist.

But we gained the ability to stop them arriving through better pop-cap control in d_init.  So you can embark with 7 and never see a migrant these days, if thats what you want.

Assuming you play a 'normal' fort with immigration, your first 2 waves are still generated on the map edge.  Thats why you start to see dwarves from previously abandoned forts from wave 3 onwards.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:52:18 pm by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Kallyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 03:58:38 pm »

So...... got home and was compressing the file to upload.... and Therapist doesnt show the dwarf as "cursed" anymore, even though it showed him right from the start as cursed. My save game  with a couple months play time ingame also doenst show the dwarf as cursed anymore.... I... think I'm not crazy, so... maybe it was some error in therapist reading. I can still upload the file, if anyone is interested in pocking around with it.

Thanks for the help guys!