Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do I force my dwarves to kill a vampire?  (Read 4883 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How do I force my dwarves to kill a vampire?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 11:47:07 am »

I'm also having problems with a vampire. I've been able to stop it from killing anyone yet, and tried to execute it by building a floor some 10 levels up a mountain, lock off the floor with some walls and a door, and then get it to remove the floor tile inside of it (I had VERY big problems with getting it to care about burrows, though; however, the dwarven sense of self preservation reminds me of the game Lemmings). The bugger survived with only a broken hand and broken floating rib, but I managed to build doors to the hospital rooms before it could be treated beyond diagnosis, so I have it quarantined (very nasty disease, vampirism!). The hand has gotten infected, but nothing seems to be happening beyond that (half a year after the attempt to off it). Will the infection eventually either heal or kill it, or will I have to heal it and send it up to the floor again for a new (higher) drop attempt? Oh, and the bugger has obviously managed to get voted mayor (and imposed mandates while unconcious at the hospital).
Infections can be slow to act, and Im not sure if vampires can die from them.  But if you have it locked away you can leave it there.  If you have logs, blocks, or stone in there with it build a bridge and three mechanisms.  Kill it.

You could go through the trouble of dropping in stuff (even killing it with falling debris) or channeling it out so it falls to its death.  Or put it in a squad and let it go station somewhere dangerous.  Be aware whenever they go on break they look for a meal.  If you lock all the doors to sleeping people you can control who they eat and even bait them into a trap.

Since vampires try to be sneaky, you have to micromanage them a bit sometimes.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 03:49:08 pm »

Well, I did drop a bunch of stones on top of it from a hole I dug in the roof of the hospital room, but that didn't seem to have any effect. I can't get it to kill itself immediately, however, since it is unconcious. Of course, I could heal it, keep it locked in (risking the doctor, though), and have it build its execution device. Might even be evil enough not to atom smash it, but rather toss it, heal it, toss it, heal it, until I get a lucky toss and it croaks.
Locking away the mayor has some disadvantages, although I've never received any outpost envoy (I haven't looked for the reason in the wiki, assuming the game will eventually tell me why). However, I think the treehugging hippies will send an envoy at some time complaining about my deforestation efforts.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 04:26:11 pm »

Maybe you could atom-smash it instead, if you are going to abuse burrows and stupidity?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?
Pages: 1 [2]