Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Flagship - Spaceship RTS in first person perspective. KS - 50%, 1 week left!  (Read 2928 times)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kickstarter is chugging along but it really needs some help.

I have backed 3 games on Kickstarter.

Elite Dangerous, Rimworld and this. This is a game I really want to play and I believe these developers can deliver. I don't back lots of projects but the ones I do back tend to work out quite well.

They have a good preview, they have a good plan and they don't look like they want to get bogged down in feature creep (notice the lack of stretch goals which for me is always a good sign) and they seem like a good bunch of nerds. It's a bit long for any final payoff being Late 2016 being the release date but I waited a long time for Elite Dangerous as well and that is coming along very nicely.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile

The kickstarter progress halting happened to stop right when the alpha early backer level ran out. Probably not a coincidence.
They did release a beta level, though.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

And now for a good question that probably needs to be asked now: is there plans for multi-platform support?
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's being developed with Unity so I imagine it has a lot of capability for multi-platform support.

It looks like their plan is to release on Windows first and then go for Mac and Linux, hopefully all at the same time but Windows is priority and possible to run into issues with Mac and Linux to delay development but I would imagine it wouldn't be more then a month at worst after the Windows release.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile

"This Kickstarter will fund the Windows version of Flagship. We are planning to release on Mac and Linux platforms as well, but the these may come later, pending any platform specific issues we run into."
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This needs more attention. Only 50% funded with a week to go. :c
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.kickspy.com/projects/2049430629/flagship-space-strategy-from-a-first-person-perspe

Says it's on track, but it's hard to say if that will work.

I really hope this game gets backed though, it looks pretty amazing and it doesn't look like there are really any direct competitors.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I'll have to try to back this when I get home. Sure hope this thing gets the support it deserves :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Hot damn, I want this to make it. Such a cool concept, such little love!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Backed! I hadn't realized that the currency requested was British Pounds instead of USD, so I couldn't pledge as much as I initially planned  :-\

Still, every bit helps.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

I have a policy of not backing projects that aren't from people with a track record for having actually made games before. There doesn't seem to be anything on the KS page about their previous experience... does anyone know anything?
Pages: 1 [2]