Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: more reclaimers  (Read 465 times)

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
more reclaimers
« on: May 11, 2008, 09:38:00 pm »

I cheated to get 50 super miners, I dug out my entire for, and now I need a way to  get more than 7 reclaimer dwarves, which is what I am getting for some reason. Adjust start does not work.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: more reclaimers
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 10:55:00 pm »

Build something.

Build something really nice, then reclaim.  The amount of dwarves you get is based on fortress wealth, and stones really aren't worth much.

Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 11:06:00 pm »

I don't think that's true: I set out with 7 dwarves, immediately abandoned, and then reclaimed and got 70 dwarves.

But I'll give it a whirl, thanks.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

critical miracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 07:34:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Slappy Moose:
<STRONG>I don't think that's true: I set out with 7 dwarves, immediately abandoned, and then reclaimed and got 70 dwarves.

But I'll give it a whirl, thanks.</STRONG>

I remember someone mentioning that if you have Happy Fun Stuff on your map, it will immediately add to your Architecture value in the Z-Status screen before it is mined out. If this hasn't been fixed, then that may explain the reclaim with 70.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 09:32:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by critical miracle:
<STRONG>

I remember someone mentioning that if you have Happy Fun Stuff on your map, it will immediately add to your Architecture value in the Z-Status screen before it is mined out. If this hasn't been fixed, then that may explain the reclaim with 70.</STRONG>

Hmmm, that sucks because I hated the map that may have had that stuff. But thanks for letting me know!

[ May 12, 2008: Message edited by: Slappy Moose ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 09:38:00 am »

There was a very similar thread made a couple days ago, and I've since grown somewhat suspicious of the determining factors of reclaim dwarves...

Blue Pockets give architectural value because of the engravings found within them.  Engravings cannot be forbidden, but a person can reclaim the same place twice and get a drastically lower number of dwarves the second time around.  The value, if it changed at all, could only go up.

As such, I wouldn't suggest believing the current theory based only on our statements.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 09:49:00 am »

Do animals also count towards fortress worth?  Is it possible that there are different numbers remaining between reclaims?  I know that when you reclaim a goblin tower the goblins leave, so perhaps there's a similar issue.

Spey

• Bay Watcher
  • Dragon mince.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 09:54:00 am »

I tried a reclaim once, got 14 dwarves, but didnt embark because I wanted to see if a new fortress could be placed on the same tiles, after I found that it was impossible I then tried to reclaim again, but this time I only had 7 dwarves
How many Dwarves does it take to change a XXlightbulbXX?

Yat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 11:03:00 am »

I was of the mind that it was just a random number... A potential reclaim fort I had, with no HFS, was only active for a year so not a whole lot in wealth gave me 70 on reclaim.