Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mass pitting and eugenics.  (Read 988 times)

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mass pitting and eugenics.
« on: October 05, 2014, 05:47:32 am »

Hi all! So I have two questions that are very important to my ongoing childcare sideproject:

Do dwarves inherit traits?
Is mass pitting fixed again in 40.13?

I've heard here and there that dwarves can't inherit anything but appearance from their parents, and also that dwarves now start running around madly if they try to pit goblins, and I just wanted to check if these things are true.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Mass pitting and eugenics.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 11:12:11 am »

Dwarves do pass some traits down, but so far as I know (it probably hasn't changed since .34) the only traits that dwarves pass down are aesthetic, like hair and eye color. So you can make your Aryan Superdwarves, but it will be completely pointless.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 04:01:10 pm »

Mass pitting is broken in .40.13, allowing the pittee to attack the pitter before being shoved down the hole.
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 04:54:41 pm »

Ah, that's a pittee.
I guess I'll have to work out some sort of double shotgun thing with cages and minecarts until I can nab a necromancer.

Also a pity about the eugenics thing. I'd come up with the brilliant idea of locking two children in a room together for 12 years to get them to marry each other the moment they come of age, but I guess that's fairly pointless now.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 06:33:23 pm »

Pointless, but not necessarily a bad idea since they'll be out of the way of the grown dwarves that are trying to do real work