Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rev PTSD  (Read 845 times)

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rev PTSD
« on: October 06, 2014, 11:15:38 am »

Am I the only one who regularly checks the forum here to see if 0.40.14 is out with a sort of morbid anxiety? 
After 12 times of copying my saves, retweaking my raws, etc. I have nightmares about spending another hour of precious, precious DF time doing administrative copy/pasting instead of ... well, instead of administrative dorfing, I guess.

rhoxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rev PTSD
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 12:40:30 pm »

I check constantly with hope that a fix in the next release will suddenly increase my FPS significantly.  I don't do much copy and pasting.  I grab the latest Starter pack and hit play!

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 12:45:05 pm »

its refreshing to play vanilla during this part of the release cycle.  ive got too many little flavor tweaks to make for 1 or 2 forts before release.

side note, is there a way to add the new adventure spoiler things to fort mode?

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 01:50:02 pm »

My plan is to play .13 until end of October and possibly until mid-late November.  At which point I'll see if the release cycle has some more bug fixes, looks stable, and there's a new LNP out.

(.13 is quite playable - I'm not hitting any show stopper bugs, yet...)

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 06:14:49 pm »

I find that I still love to play vanilla, with the only changes being a couple of things in the init file. I'm always happy to see a release, but am more than happy playing as it is
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 10:03:19 pm »

Right, there's no need to keep up with the releases any longer. Play the current version til you bore of it or grow tired, then catch up on the dev notes and see if the version current to that time seems like a good play.