Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Becoming a Husk  (Read 2060 times)

Dastardly Jack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Becoming a Husk
« on: October 02, 2014, 11:44:54 pm »

Is there any way to turn an adventurer into a husk without having to physically walk across an entire continent to find an evil biome?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Becoming a Husk
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 03:36:49 am »

Spawning closer to the biome, or building a few husk-infested fortresses there may help.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 06:52:42 am »

I think I saw a bug report about the game crashing if you got husked in the new version. Be careful.
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 11:24:38 am »

Is there any way to turn an adventurer into a husk without having to physically walk across an entire continent to find an evil biome?

Dont forget only a few of the weathers turn you as well. All five of the weathers my forts have been in has had other effects so far. Two making them vomit, some kind of acid that burns skin off, makes them unconsious and no apparent effect except making dwarves stand still in horror randomly with a blue !.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 11:29:09 am »

I think I saw a bug report about the game crashing if you got husked in the new version. Be careful.
Ive definitely been husked in 40.13.  The problem with husking is you have to be careful not to get your eyes to bled out, or zombie carp eating you.  In short, experiencing the cloud/ash/mist is the only way to tell its effects without utilities.

You can drop off a pile of clothing in an evil biome and eventually a pile of cloud goo will form on that spot.  Put it into a bag and try to smear it on something.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!