Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Water Source Problem  (Read 763 times)

Tarr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Water Source Problem
« on: March 14, 2008, 03:05:00 pm »

I've been playing the game for a few weeks when I have time, but I've hit a small problem with my latest and favorite fortress.

I can't get my dwarves to use this water source.  The water is coming from channels that have filled because an aquafier is below, so it's basically a filled pit.  I don't have the resources for a well, and when I try to set the area of the water pits, or the pits and the ground around them, as a Water Source, none of the tiles are called valid tiles for the designation.

The one floor spot overtop the left pool is a floor tile I built, hoping they could get water from the platform.

My fortress has run out of alcohol, and I need this water source for a dying member of the seven-dwarf crew.  What do I do to let them use this water source?

GreyMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Water Source Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 03:30:00 pm »

The problem is:

.jpg.

Also, are you sure the zone overlaps both water and ground?

t''s not illegal. The government just doesn''t want you doing it.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 04:11:00 pm »

quote:
What do I do to let them use this water source?

You watch half your fortress die as you work to get the resources to build a well or two, and you make sure never again to run out of booze or delay on that well project.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 05:07:00 pm »

They shouldn't need a water source designated to drink if they're dying of thirst...  Are you sure you're not in a salt water region, like near a sea shore?  Sometimes the saltwater can extend several world map tiles inland.
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?