Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about editing raws and nobles.  (Read 505 times)

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about editing raws and nobles.
« on: September 28, 2014, 11:30:05 am »

I am currently trying to create simple mod so that i will be able to play humans without problems  and i want little changes so that it humans will be a bit different to dwarves.

I am currently editing basic stuff in entity raw and i have question.

I noticed that expedition leader to be changed to mayor needs 50 people

[REQUIRES_POPULATION:50]

My question is:

Would this work for any other noble ?

I mean for example i want to set first medical human as medicine man then if i will have pop of 40-60 i want him to become healer and then he would need house office and so on.

I don't really want to fiddle with additional posibilities for my colony. Simply i want to give player some reward for increasing size of colony in simply changing names of main work staff behind city/village. So player would see their staff from quacks, village head and helping hand to upgrade to chief doctor, mayor, guards captain.

If i will create new class and add it after for example chief medical with pop cap it will automatically switch to it if that pop cap will be reached ? Or it is something that is somewhere else ?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question about editing raws and nobles.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 12:06:23 pm »

Haha, something I've done already. Sure, it'll work, but you need [REPLACED_BY:xxx] tokens as well. And for the love of god don't make any fortress noble positions to be appointed by the monarch. That makes everything go to shit.

And if a squad leader/commander is suddenly "promoted" like this, his old squad will disappear from the military screen. You can still order them around, but you can't adjust or disband the rogue squad anymore. You could have an expedition quartermaster be replaced by a sheriff and then a guard captain, but to avoid the chain of command wringing itself into a knot, you must be really careful and disband the whole lot as soon as you go over the prequisite population number. The promotions themselves tick over at the beginning of the next year, I think.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question about editing raws and nobles.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 12:13:08 pm »

Yeah, I agree with scamtank. That's what I've been doing for my Piscesi civilization.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"