Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does jewellery attract bandits? And does it take up armour spots?  (Read 1121 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Does jewellery attract bandits? And does it take up armour spots?
« on: September 12, 2014, 12:40:30 am »

I'm pretty close to retiring this fort I'm in, which is stocked full of platinum, candy, and alloy trade goods, covered in lots of high value gems and studs. I'm wondering if being rich-looking attracts bandits, because I got a few (I assume they were) bandit ambushes without ever stealing or killing innocents, when I had a bunch of large gems in my bag and a few pieces of steel equipment. So could I attract a ton of bandits by wearing a candy crown? Or was I just near a camp and didn't realize it?

Also, do they take up armour slots, or could I be dressed like a king and a warrior at the same time?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Does jewellery attract bandits? And does it take up armour spots?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 05:32:51 am »

A site can attract megabeasts if it has created enough wealth in the form of goods, so don't say I didn't warn you if you come back to your fortress after a few hundred years and everyone is dead and a bronze colossus is using it as it's lair.

Walking around with $blingbling$ won't attract bandits, no. But you can wear jewelry over armour and clothes, so knock yourself out.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Dorf and Dumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 03:40:27 pm »

The persistent adventurer can wear somewhere in excess of 35 inventory screens full of jewelry, provided it's the lighter stuff.  Crowns are heaviest, but have the neat feature of blocking attacks to the head a lot more often than that one candy helm you can wear.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 04:40:09 pm »

Ooh! Didn't know that they could work as armor. Iron crowns, here I come.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.