Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Ealdorlight  (Read 7911 times)

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ealdorlight
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2017, 04:46:41 pm »

Writing me off as someone too cheap to be the audience is fine, and I wouldn't even complain. The overall question towards people like me was why I didn't toss my money into the pot, and that's largely why. I don't know how the general Kickstarter audience feels about this, either - it's possible I am the cheap one.
So looking at it from the standpoint of someone who does want to kickstart, I don't think £20 is unreasonable (especially compared to other games of the same type). I guess the reason why I'm going on about this is that I don't want Chris to feel that the price point was the reason why it didn't work out as I really don't think it is.

See, I agree... which is why I've been hesitant to mention it. The problem is that, despite trying, I couldn't convince myself that it might not have played a role, and he did ask...

Anecdotally, I've seen far more not-big-name (just to be able to shove things like Pillars of Eternity/Torment: Tides of Numera/Wasteland into their own, separate, group...) I do see more gaming kickstarters succeed when offering the game between $10 and $15, but that is *easily* selection bias - they're in the price range I'm liable to back, so I pay more attention to them.

Apparently the most popular pledge level on KS is $25 (https://www.kickstarter.com/help/handbook/rewards), so clearly, in the wider world of Kickstarter, I'm horribly off. (...which I kinda knew... I will easily toss $25 to $50 into the pot for a boardgame or tabletop system I'm interested in, if it gets me a physical/hardback copy).

At the end of the day, I think it's a really cool project idea and I want it to succeed. If I'm mostly-alone in being picky about price, then I should be ignored. But if I'm not, I don't want that to be missed just because we were hesitant to say "it's too expensive for us".
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]