Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding the dwarfliest dwarves..  (Read 883 times)

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
Modding the dwarfliest dwarves..
« on: September 24, 2014, 06:30:23 pm »

DISCLAIMER: I am not a modder, just a copy/paster of raws, haha..

So.. After a couple less-than-satisfactory experiences with tantrums recently I've been dreaming of a different dwarf. These dwarves are probably already modded somewhere (if modding these things is even possible..)

First, "the dwarf's dwarf" of dwarves :> I want a dwarf that gets happy moods from his friend dying in combat (tis the only honorable way to go!)..

A dwarf who eats his friend's pet and his friend respects him for eating his pet. Dwarves that don't form grudges over other dwarves, dwarves that will gladly feast on the flesh of sapient beings, including other dwarves.. Dwarves that love a hallway splashed with blood, or a grisly bodypart-strewn field of battle, as much as I do!

I think dwarves would also get good moods from seeing massive stockpiles of weapons/bars/coins/stone/booze, and lakes of lava.. They'd form friendships based on how useful the other dwarf is, or how many kills a dwarf has though they wouldn't waste time condemning a useless kill-less dwarf (when they could be out killing things and admiring scenes of battle instead).. They'd also probably accept miasma as a fact of war and life, or even as the smell of success :>

Basically they'd be tantrum-free dwarves unless you wanted to go the extra mile and add in things like "She has been depressed by the lack of bloodshed recently." or "She endured a friend drowning/starving/dehydrating like a coward recently." or "He hasn't been able to enjoy the flesh of his enemies lately." They'd probably want cages and traps and hoarded bars and coins and corpses of personal kills in their rooms instead of engravings and statues.. And, if I had it my way, when/if they did "tantrum", they'd kill non-dwarven beings only instead of the totally counter-productive choice of attacking other able-bodied dwarves (which would supply them with mood-enhancing bloodshed and victory)..

I imagine most of these changes would make dwarves less than palatable to humans and elves during worldgen (since they'd fry any dead elf or human into steaks if possible) which would probably lead to them getting squashed even faster than normal..

tl;dr is: Dwarves that love blood over waterfalls, corpses over statues! Dwarves that don't cry or care about tastefully arranged tables :> Is there something similar to this already modded for a playable race?? And is any of the above impossible to accomplish due to hard-code stuffs??

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Modding the dwarfliest dwarves..
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 06:42:25 pm »

1. Thoughts cannot be modded.
2. Pet behavior can't be changed.
3. EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER and EAT_SAPIENT_KILL ethics in entity_default allow you to eat sapients, but you cannot under any condition eat citizens

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 06:47:19 pm »

So basically, you can't.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 07:25:28 pm »

You could strip all emotion from the Dwarves, or even mod in a syndrome accessible in fort mode that would remove emotion just from your Dwarves, but as Putnam mentioned you can't turn them into stereotypical vikings.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 07:26:56 pm »

And before anyone goes off on a tangent about vikings, the word "stereotypical" is important ;)

(but I think I just know too many people who know too much about vikings)