Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Invisible volcanic embark wagon? (I think, anyway..)  (Read 415 times)

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
Invisible volcanic embark wagon? (I think, anyway..)
« on: September 19, 2014, 10:58:51 pm »

Embarked on a volcano and it started my dwarves way up on the edge of the volcano.. From flat ground the volcano goes up 50 z-levels before it runs out of dirt surrounding it and then its just a 15 z-level obsidian cone full of lava sticking out..

Wagon is nowhere to be seen.. The entire raised area of the map doesn't contain a single 3x3 area for a wagon to be placed and the wagon isn't anywhere on the flat/ground level.. My dwarves had plans to go get their equipment but couldn't.. Can't seem to find the wagon anywhere :> I thought wagons showed up as a building in the 'R'ooms/Buildings list when they were present..

I placed a food stockpile and butcher shop to start piling any potential food, and they've started running up the volcano slope and retrieving the food I brought on embark, but I still can't see a wagon or a pile of goods at the point they "get to the wagon" and suddenly have an item in their hands..

Agent of Avarice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible volcanic embark wagon? (I think, anyway..)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 01:31:25 am »

I've seen this in most of my Volcano embarks. I believe its because the game can't find a suitable 3x3 location to place the wagon, so it just sort of dumps all your goods on the ground. If you examine the area you should see the various items laying on the ground near where your dwarves appeared.