Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The elven overlords  (Read 851 times)

elpreda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The elven overlords
« on: September 19, 2014, 06:31:54 am »

I generated a world with 250 years of history. It has 2 dwarven civilizations both extinct, one at the hands of goblins and the other enslaved by elves for 130 years.
Started a fort for the civ at war with elves. I did get the first caravan ( no liason) and 2 migrant waves. So am I going to keep getting caravans and migrants? Is it possible to revive the civilization? Say I make a lot of embarks and leave them then return to my first fortress, would that make one of those embarks the Mountainhome and restore normal course?

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: The elven overlords
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 08:36:30 am »

migration from dead civs seems different in the new release, I have had migration up to 200 as the only site in a civ, I can confirm you will keep getting caravans too.  Yes it is possible to revive the civ by making a bunch of sites, and I believe hillocks and deep sites can form of their own accord given enough time. An embark becomes a mountainhome when the monarch arrives, which is dependent on population, total wealth and an amount of wealth gifted to the caravan.  That said with dead civs wierd things can happen and monarchs can come early
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 08:56:01 am »

With a dead civilisation you indeed can get lots of migrants for a simple reason.
Just because your civilisation is dead doesnt mean that your people are all dead. ;)

elpreda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 11:29:53 am »

I did get a 3rd migrant wave, a queen butcher and am now expecting the elven siege.
Hypothetically speaking (since I have no intention of doing it) would it be possible to end the war with the elves when my civ is the one that started the war, not me killing traders?

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 11:45:09 am »

Probably not, just end those elves and FEAST UPON THEIR WAR UNICORNS!
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

elpreda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 12:12:23 pm »

If only you could end them... for now you can only eat the unicorns they bring you, you can't go chop down their trees and butcher their stables.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 06:58:40 pm »

can wars end in the normal fashion (i.e. randomly for no reason like they do in worldgen) without player intervention though?
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness