Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Awesomenauts: Starstorm - 80s cartoon platformer MOBA (2.6 Reloaded)  (Read 3211 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf

Yeah, so I've been eying Awesomenauts for some time now but I was kinda off-put when I saw DLC coming out... with additional chars. I know I might be a bit annoying and I honestly confess that whenever I see someone slam "moba" description to same game, I expect it to at least have all chars available to play without the need of paying fir them with real moneys.

Especially if in payed dlc there is an awesomenaut voiced by no other than Dodger.

Ahem. But apart from those new nauts and map, base game is still fun, I take it? Any major complaints? Also, how do players with base game play with those that have dlc? No restrictions?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Yes, DLC and non-DLC players can play together with no restrictions.

Seeing as I have had the DLC since day 1 I can't really say anything but honestly?
The non-DLC players aren't missing out on much.

At least in the sense that they still have access to 15 unique and fun characters and the new map will be available to everyone in public games anyway, and the Starstorm characters while mostly deemed OP on release (excluding Skree) are somewhat balanced now so it's not really a pay2win situation either.
At least not on purpose.

The game is still tons of fun, with or without Starstorm, and I would compare it closer to an expansion pack than a DLC, even though the terms are mostly interchangeable.

Also keep in mind that most other MOBAs charge you for individual characters and probably for more money than 'Nauts. The only exceptions to that rule are Dota and HoN (as far as I know), but games like LoL have weekly hero rotations so... :V

The only things that throw me off personally is the slightly imbalanced matchmaking, occasionally toxic community and people who force start the game when the lobby is not full (though oddly enough they're the ones on the losing end most of the time lately) but in the end you're guaranteed to have at least a good few hours worth of fun.
Hey, I am closing in on 1000 hours (997 as of now), and that should be saying something.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Toxic community? I've only seen two incidents where I got yelled at. In LoL, I've played four games, and have yelled at in three games. I've played 70 some games of nauts.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf

Also keep in mind that most other MOBAs charge you for individual characters and probably for more money than 'Nauts.
They... they do??  :o
Ok, I wasn't aware of that. Granted, I only ever played LoL and DotA2 and from videos I've watched I got the feeling that also holds true for HotS so I concluded most other mobas must be the same. I mean, personally I'm ok with LoL's system as it is not hard cash you use to pay for champs, at least not directly.

But thanks for the input. I see now I'm way too late for the deal itself, but maybe next time then.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Much butt, so prepare, wow.
Pages: 1 [2]