Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hybrid Dwarf Fortress / Goblin Warren reclaim  (Read 884 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hybrid Dwarf Fortress / Goblin Warren reclaim
« on: September 18, 2014, 11:18:13 am »

I was doing a reclaim fortress start from a world-gen fortress and got a bit of a surprise. As well as the standard big box dwarf fortress and trade depot it had about 5 or 6 towers and goblin style shallow warrens. I presume that the dwarves took it from the goblins, then lost it (or vice versa).

It also has a bunch of food lying around under the fortress and on the trade depot.

Is this a new thing for 0.40.13?
()==[:::::::::::::>

Sorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • EnglishWithCoffee
Re: Hybrid Dwarf Fortress / Goblin Warren reclaim
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 11:25:01 am »

I was doing a reclaim fortress start from a world-gen fortress and got a bit of a surprise. As well as the standard big box dwarf fortress and trade depot it had about 5 or 6 towers and goblin style shallow warrens. I presume that the dwarves took it from the goblins, then lost it (or vice versa).
Is this a new thing for 0.40.13?
I remember that Toady mentioned some time before the release of 0.40.01 that if goblins take over site of another race after some time they may "change" that site to look more goblin-like. So I think this is exactly what you are talking about.
Intelligent is a strong word to use around DF.
you're lucky it wasn't an adventurer.  I've heard they can bash your skull in by throwing water at you.  UNDERWATER