Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Werebeasts littering my fortress with their filthy rotting bodies  (Read 821 times)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Werebeasts littering my fortress with their filthy rotting bodies
« on: September 22, 2014, 02:29:23 pm »

Basically, for a few months I have werebeast relay race. Somebody transform, bites somebody and kicks the bucket and next month it repeats.

Now I have my corridors all filled with miasma, horrified dwarves and rotting body parts. How do I clean them up? They don't go to my refuse stockpile or my corpse stockpile or my garbage dump if I order them dumped
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Werebeasts littering my fortress with their filthy rotting bodies
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 02:40:47 pm »

They should be treated as citizen corpses. Do you have coffins built and and available for burial?

EDIT: Incidentally, if you can isolate or kill bite victims before the next full moon you can break the cycle pretty easily.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 02:46:30 pm »

I mentioned it in "What's going on in your fort" thread and people say it's a bug. As for corpses, not only I have around 30 free, ready for burial coffins, I also have corpse stockpile in case I'm out of coffins.

EDIT: Incidentally, if you can isolate or kill bite victims before the next full moon you can break the cycle pretty easily.

I understand it, but there doesn't seem to be infection mentioned in reports anymore. Attacks always happen in crowded places which makes manual isolation impossible.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 02:51:47 pm »

If it's bugged, then... it's bugged. You can use DFHack to autodump them, I guess. Or give your floors a magma wash if you're feeling ambitious.

The combat report should mention who gets bitten. If it's really pandemic you might just try to isolate the ones you know weren't bitten and leave the rest to their fate.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 03:02:09 pm »

If I am to lose my fortress, I will do it fun way. In fact I welcome lowering population.

I also have 30-men strong elite army which can easily take down beasties and don't have any segregation.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 02:12:42 am »

Made outside refuse order respect inside/outside instead of above ground/subterranean.

That was in the 9/17 release, if your version is older it might be the problem. Try turning on collect refuse from outside in o menu.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 02:28:13 am »

Oh, yeah. This helped. I pretty much downloaded latest version yesterday.

So they thought my dining rooms and statue gardens are above ground. Classic dorfs.