Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sleeping with your gun..  (Read 2212 times)

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sleeping with your gun..
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 10:48:21 pm »

AFAIK dwarves don't give a toss if you take away their attached weapon, unless it has changed very recently. I have never seen a dwarf get unhappy due to their weapon being replaced and certainly never seen an unhappy thought related to it. As far as I can tell dwarves don't even notice their attached weapon is gone, as if it hasn't been coded in. Another way of looking at it is is that it is a mild form of attachment, lets call it preference. A dwarf prefers to use their trusty no quality copper battle axe, but if they must use a shiny new masterwork steel battle axe, well, so be it. It's not like you've killed their beloved pet bunny or something. (I haven't tried destroying attached weapons, but I doubt they care even if you do that).

If you want a dwarf to stop using an attached weapon, the easiest way is to set 'specific weapon' in their uniform. You can also set the uniform to have a weapon of specific material (i.e. 'steel battle axe') and 'exact match'. It comes back to the 'preference' thing, a dwarf will prefer to use the attached weapon, but only within the wiggle-room provided by their uniform.
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.
Pages: 1 [2]