Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone see this in fighting dialogue yet?  (Read 1516 times)

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anyone see this in fighting dialogue yet?
« on: September 06, 2014, 06:21:46 am »

gr8 Mastery of armor speardwarf!
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone see this in fighting dialogue yet?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 06:04:23 pm »

I imagine a dwarf proudly saying he's a master in armor and a corpse just behind about to nom him. I never had anything like that before.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 06:31:08 pm »

"That was very satisfying!"

I'm not sure I can picture that as a verbal response to mastering armour. I'd personally say something like "I just mastered armour, f*** yes!!!"
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 06:37:43 pm »

Yeah, I've seen that a couple of times. Sounds like something someone would say in a beer comercial.

I just mastered figuring out how cold a can of beer is. That was very satisfying!

I like the ones like:
Mimale Epevetime, slayer of Meng Mamotducim! I'm a little angry.

Sorry, I don't have one handy to get the exact text. But I like the tone. You just killed my friend, so I'm a little angry. What's it take to really set this guy off?

I guess there might be arying levels of anger and I just haven't seen one invader kill enough dwarves to see someone get about a little angry.

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 09:07:04 pm »

Yeah, I've seen that a couple of times. Sounds like something someone would say in a beer comercial.

I just mastered figuring out how cold a can of beer is. That was very satisfying!

I like the ones like:
Mimale Epevetime, slayer of Meng Mamotducim! I'm a little angry.

Sorry, I don't have one handy to get the exact text. But I like the tone. You just killed my friend, so I'm a little angry. What's it take to really set this guy off?

I guess there might be arying levels of anger and I just haven't seen one invader kill enough dwarves to see someone get about a little angry.

Keith
yeah, I got this when one of my dwarves went berserk and killed the soldier I sent to deal with him, then I saw a random civilian dwarf fighting the berserk instead of fleeing and I checked and he had a dialogue along those lines... so dwarves are now vengeful?! oh my!

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 10:00:33 pm »

I didn't know we had dialogue until i started seeing it.  Went a little nuts.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 10:51:32 pm »

I've seen it on occasion, I really don't know what causes it. My guess is strength levels. Your dwarf may be strong enough that it wasn't able to knock him over, like in real life if you get a 100 pound guy charging at a 300 pound guy the little guy is probably just going to bounce off, unless he catches the bigger guy off guard. That's my guess anyway.
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 03:28:56 am »

I've seen it on occasion, I really don't know what causes it. My guess is strength levels. Your dwarf may be strong enough that it wasn't able to knock him over, like in real life if you get a 100 pound guy charging at a 300 pound guy the little guy is probably just going to bounce off, unless he catches the bigger guy off guard. That's my guess anyway.

It's caused by becoming legendary in a skill when the dwarf has a dream of becoming legendary in a skill.

EDIT: Oh, you were talking about the bouncing part. The OP was about the bottom message. Bouncing is due to small units trying to charge large ones.

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 08:51:56 am »

It's caused by becoming legendary in a skill when the dwarf has a dream of becoming legendary in a skill.

EDIT: Oh, you were talking about the bouncing part. The OP was about the bottom message. Bouncing is due to small units trying to charge large ones.

...I really have no idea how I came to the conclusion that this topic as about the bouncing... Maybe it was when I had a bunch of tabs open.. :p woops.

But I've never seen the "I mastered a skill" thing.
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.