Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Material emission that makes items?  (Read 1051 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Material emission that makes items?
« on: September 13, 2014, 04:41:54 pm »

I've been thinking of making some mods based around magic, and decided to use Fairy Tail style magic. First project is Ice-Make: Sword. So my question is: can I have a material emission that makes an item? I'm thinking one with your hands that produces a sword made of ice on the ground. Can I have a material emission that is basically shooting bolts with your hands? Thanks.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Material emission that makes items?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 04:47:52 pm »

You can create item breaths. However, in most cases you're better off making that kind of magic into a reaction at the moment. These item breaths deal no damage, and the resulting item spatter can only be picked up by a player adventurer.

Here's a sample CDI for "breathing" large serrated disks:
Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Shoot disks]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_TOKEN:LH2]
[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON:TRAILING_ITEM_FLOW:TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_LARGESERRATEDDISC]
[CDI:VERB:shoot large disks:shoots large disks:NA]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:2400]

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 04:50:30 pm »

Eh... Ohwell. There goes about half the Ice-Make spells. His best, like Cold Excalibur, are viable still then. Can a punch light something on fire? Like a punch from a fire man causes a dwarf to ignite?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 06:29:12 pm »

Fire men start stuff on fire due to a high body temp and a tag that's something along the lines of [IMMOLATE] that starts things on fire randomly. (That's probably the wrong word but it's close.)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 03:41:47 pm »

Fire men start stuff on fire due to a high body temp and a tag that's something along the lines of [IMMOLATE] that starts things on fire randomly. (That's probably the wrong word but it's close.)
That token causes anything not fire-proof on the tile the creature is on to catch fire. Which then spreads.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 06:04:15 am »

Roses made dfhack scripts that allow projectiles.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::