Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noble Invasion  (Read 989 times)

Satlan_Leng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Noble Invasion
« on: September 08, 2014, 10:52:43 pm »

So I just updated to 40.11. Throw my save in and its all good. Have a Nice fort, a baron. Goblin activity has been weak but its been a good game.

One year passes in the fort. Suddenly someone inherits and become a baroness. Ok this can happen now. Cept they are a baron of MY fort, who has a appointed baron. Well and alive mind you. What ever DF is DF start to quickly dig them out rooms fit for a Baron. Before the first room is dug another person inherits and is a baron....and another. Then someone else gets appointed as queen.

I now have 4 live barons and a queen.......

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Invasion
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 11:00:58 pm »

There's a bug currently where goblin invasions in the wider world always succeed, so the barons and monarchs you're getting are likely from other sites being raided and their leadership collapsing. Also, good luck dealing with all of their demands...

Satlan_Leng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 11:13:46 pm »

One of them is my fully steel clad legendary hammer dwarf with many a kill......

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 01:42:10 am »

One of them is my fully steel clad legendary hammer dwarf with many a kill......

Well, you've got nothing to worry about then... add to his kill list by taking out a few of the nobles
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 07:11:21 am »

When I read 'noble invasion' I imagined a horde of nobles signing the place.  Only instead of attacking, they stand out in the wilds yelling demands for froststeel tables in their bedrooms and banning exports on your most profitable items.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 06:15:36 pm »

There's a bug currently where goblin invasions in the wider world always succeed, so the barons and monarchs you're getting are likely from other sites being raided and their leadership collapsing. Also, good luck dealing with all of their demands...

It's not so much of a bug as an unimplemented feature. A bug is something that is supposed to work, but doesn't. Toady just hasn't tried to make post-worldgen invasions work at all yet.

But that's just semantics; Argonnek is certainly correct about off-camera invasions always succeeding.

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.