Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: silk farm fail  (Read 2712 times)

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: silk farm fail
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 07:13:15 pm »

Alright, my GCS isn't even attacking a dwarf now...

any clue why not?

How far is it away? I've never seen a spider web anything that is more than 4 tiles away. So in my picture Spider - fortification - bridge - bridge (when it's lowered)- bait, makes 4. If the bait backs up one step, and gets to range 5, spider won't fire.

Fortification, bridge, dwarf (where the lever is).

I'll try it again with a military dwarf and see what happens
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 07:32:02 pm »

I hope that works out. My picture is a little misleading. the dwarf in the picture has already been undrafted. I have been using military, with station orders. No idea if civilians work, never tried.
If they do, you might be able to set up a continuous chain of collect web jobs. I think weavers are immune to being actively webbed even, once they have the 'collect webs' job.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 08:24:31 pm »

I hope that works out. My picture is a little misleading. the dwarf in the picture has already been undrafted. I have been using military, with station orders. No idea if civilians work, never tried.
If they do, you might be able to set up a continuous chain of collect web jobs. I think weavers are immune to being actively webbed even, once they have the 'collect webs' job.

It finally worked out.

Weavers may be immune to being webbed, they are not, however, immune to being shit scared of a Giant Cave Spider, and just freezing in place. I also need to stop them from collecting webs in the caverns
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together
Pages: 1 [2]