Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stupid Stupid Dwarfs  (Read 806 times)

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stupid Stupid Dwarfs
« on: August 28, 2014, 01:55:53 pm »

Starting seven...first invasion by goblins.  Two bridges, one to main entrance, one to depot area.  Two levers, two different levels, both hooked up to both bridges.

Simple, one pull, two bridges go up, turtle away from this attack.

I even went in to Therapist and removed EVERY work code except levers. 

Nope...the goblins come across the entire map and down three z levels to invade my fortress and slaughter the entire gang.

What idiots.  Guess they deserved to die.

Oh, except my expedition leader who evidently became king right when this happened.  He ran out and climbed a tree somewhere and won't come down.  Reminds me of the scene in Tremors.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:59:06 pm by ragincajun »
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid Stupid Dwarfs
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 02:07:42 pm »

You didn't, by any chance, order them to pull both levers?

Edit: Actually, pulling both levers wouldn't be a problem, assuming both started in the of position.

But if one was 'on' and one was 'off' (very possible), and you only ordered the first one to be pulled, then it would do nothing because it would send an 'off', and the bridge was already in the 'off' (open) position.

This is why I don't generally have two levers to do the same thing. They can very easily get out of sync and cause all sorts of confusion.

Are you sure the lever wasn't pulled (you checked to se if the "Pull the lever" order was still there)?

Keith
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:20:23 pm by khearn »
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid Stupid Dwarfs
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 02:45:39 pm »

Yeah, both in OFF position...hadn't even used them yet.  But they were connected for sure.  Pull Lever command still in effect up to the last drop of blood fell.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.