Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How To make Your adventurer a member of Your fort  (Read 1091 times)

TheBricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How To make Your adventurer a member of Your fort
« on: September 08, 2014, 11:47:34 am »

is it even possible right now?

zimluura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How To make Your adventurer a member of Your fort
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 12:17:41 pm »

possible, but not generally.

1) if you make a fort.
2) then retire it.
3) then, start making a dwarf adventurer.  on the final page of creating an adventurer you can press buttons (+/- ?) to generate another background story and make sure (s)he comes from your fort.
4) retire at your fort
5) un-retire fort.

others (anyone not from your fort initially) retired there this way get marked hostile, though not attacked unless your order your militia to do so.  filled a bug report out about it (7719), confirmed, but no fix yet.

might be able to do it by for others by retiring in a fort nearby, then waiting for the game to migrate them to your fort.  never tried this approach myself.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 12:20:30 pm by zimluura »

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 01:31:59 pm »

Important note: This will cause everything in your fort to move about (no, seriously, it does) and cause 4 in-game weeks to pass during which your fort may suffer horrific casualties from invaders or mega/forgotten beast.

Chaine Maile

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 01:56:11 pm »

Someone was talking on the adventurer board about being able to find the militia commander, and joining. After retiring, the adventurer was in a military squad at the fortress.

Meneth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 10:08:11 am »

The "Dawn of Time" challenge retired a bunch of adventurers near the site of a planned fortress, then founded the fortress. The adventurers eventually arrived as migrants.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 02:20:30 pm »

Can you not do the old fashioned "retire in the mountain home" trick?

Mountain homes are apparent on the big map when selecting a fort. Showing up in that territory as an adventurer, in the olden days (last version), and retiring your adverturer there added you to the pool of "citizens" that migrants come from, meaning that your adventurer then joined the fort along with migrant waves (so long as you were not a demigod: those never seemed to come to forts, equipment also seems to disappear)

My last fort in the last release was a necromancer fort with 6 necromancers generated this way, each arrived in a migrant wave normally.  I don't think this feature was removed in the new release.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 02:22:15 pm by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?