Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Military for a new player  (Read 3114 times)

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military for a new player
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2014, 02:03:16 pm »

Instead of blind corners to limit line of sight, you can also just build doors as long as you're not in a hallway that's wider than 2 tiles. You can use this to compartmentalize a long hallway.

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2014, 06:22:28 pm »

I still haven't totally figured out the climbing mechanic, so I've essentially been building roofs on all of my outdoor buildings and towers to prevent besiegers from climbing up the walls and dropping down into courtyards. It also works at preventing flying enemies from getting inside too, so that's always helpful.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2014, 03:59:28 pm »

I usually do a 2 months on, 1 month off (or 1 month on, 2 months off) rotation.  That avoids the "tired of long patrol duty" thought -- although there was a bug where going off duty would not reset the long patrol duty counter.  It was fixed by dfhack in .34.x, I'm not sure the status in .40.x.  Another consideration is that going OFF duty will give a bad thought if they have no civilian skills.

A lot of people do keep them on duty all year round though, so feel free to do that.

Fixed on 0.40.05 I think:
Handled a few problems causing extra/erroneous long patrol thoughts (Quietust)

Yay, I'm back to the DF forums! Thanks to EvilBob22 for explaining the multiple training orders thing to TheFreshPrince.

P.S. I wish there was a way to tag people here, twitter and facebook have spoiled me. Or is there one, and I've just forgotten?
Pages: 1 2 [3]