Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Friendly Undead?  (Read 484 times)

XivilaiAnaxes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Friendly Undead?
« on: August 24, 2014, 03:31:00 am »

I'm running 40.09 in a map with 3 adjacent towers or so. I got sieged by a huge undead force (about 100 corpses) and I decided to wait it out. Fast forward a few ingame years, the siege finally walks away (There are like 5 resurrected corpses sticking around and 10 or so corpses who got stuck in half evaporated lakes) and a human caravan arrives.

I lower the bridges to let it in/maybe collect the skeletons of the 20 or so elephants the undead siege decided to just casually slaughter but not resurrect and suddenly one of the human guards finds a named elephant skeleton (2 of them got revived by the necromancers) and decides to duel it (with the expected result) and I'm thinking "oh shit better reload the save I guess" and then the elephant just does nothing else, it's just chilling on one of the 2 drawbridges looking approvingly upon the dwarves as they go to do dwarf stuff (It killed a cat though and it's scaring the rest of the cats away from it).

wtf?

Also, wtf is up with the remains of sieges staying in lakes? Every siege so far whenever I decide to just seal up the fort and wait for it to get bored and walk off some of the invaders just get stuck in the partially evaporated lakes (It's a hot climate) and take years to leave (Or the next siege comes and they clean them up for me).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 03:33:24 am by XivilaiAnaxes »

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Undead?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 07:44:18 am »

I had an undead siege that, for the longest time, just lingered on the edge of the map, along with a human squad that had arrived with it.

This continued for a while until a dwarf, fleeing a werecreature, ran toward it. The siege proceeded to kill the fleeing dwarf, then continued, appropriately zombie-like, to kill every other dwarf in the fort.

Sieges seem to be very buggy these days.