Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embark points in world gen bugged?  (Read 1026 times)

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Embark points in world gen bugged?
« on: March 23, 2015, 04:58:43 pm »

Hey guys,

I was trying to gen a world where I only have a few embark points to play with, e.g. 44 for two pickaxes. But every time I embark (prepare carefully), the game automatically gives me the full list of anvil, seeds, food etc. Once I get rid of all of these items, I end up at 1300-1600 embark points (depending on whether my civ has access to copper) that I can then reinvest. Anyone else with a similar problem?

Btw...I know that I can just disregard the points and embark with two pickaxes. It just seems to me that the feature is not working as intended.

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
Re: Embark points in world gen bugged?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 05:48:29 pm »

Quote from: The Wiki
The total value of embarking is set at 1,274 points, though all but 300 of these are pre-spent on an array of basic equipment (the same equipment Play Now! uses). It stands that one should try to maximize the value of their embark by spending all available points.
Working as intended.
If you want less stuff, spend less points.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress. Where peaceful death of old age is something nobody sees coming.
it turns out Dog Bone Doctors aren't very good at doctoring.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embark points in world gen bugged?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 06:16:04 pm »

It is a bitch though I agree, say you wanna do a world with less embark points than the default supplies.. You gotta do the math yourself  :-\, part of the fun of the embark is trying to do the most with what you can afford (at least for me) not REALLY being able to set a low low embark point count is annoying.

Only thing is its just an annoyance not like a game breaking thing so with all the things being worked on it would probably be way down any list..