Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The United Assembly - Economic Council Thread  (Read 858 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
The United Assembly - Economic Council Thread
« on: September 26, 2014, 04:17:40 am »

* Sir Gustav Hertmann proudly watch the result of his work: what was once but a mere storage cabinet for cleaning supplies is now the new meeting hall of the powerful Economic Council. Granted, the overturned-bucket-seats aren't exactly comfortable, and it might get a bit cramped if more than two delegates try to attend the Council session at once, but it's better than nothing. And a bit of discomfort is nothing a couple brandies and a stiff upper lip won't overcome! Turning to the delegates stuck in the entryway, Sir Gustav starts his speech.*

"My dear fellows, it is my great pleasure to welcome you in this chamber. As you know, our committee is one of the most powerful in this Assembly, so our responsabilities are great. As a reminder, I've put up a poster with the relevant sections of the Assembly Charter behind that broom."

Spoiler: Chapter 5 (click to show/hide)

"As you can see, our powers cover three areas: Trade Agreement, Advisory Boards and Agencies, which we can create and destroy with the cooperation of the General Assembly. As Chairman of this committee, I will be leading the proceedings. I propose to start by a frank discussion of what you thing should be done before we actually propose proposals.

My main concern for this committee is trade, or the lack of it. I think we should start trying to set in motion a large, multilateral trade agreement to boost our economies and improve our people's lot."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.