Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dropping the map- and parameter etc. exports into their proper region folder  (Read 613 times)

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Exactly what it says on the tin.
I don't understand why they would be placed next to the binary in the first place. It seems much more natural to store them in a place like data/save/region#/exports/ rather than dumping them in with the licenses and all of the .dll files.

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile

Personally, the thing that bugs me most about the game automatically dumping them in the current directory is that I can't create a world, export its info and then scrap the world itself, and repeat that several times, because using the same region number will overwrite the stuff exported. (I've considered doing something like this to get a lot of maps purely for the sake of having maps, see. Although I've also accidentally done it because I exported stuff, cleaned out old saves I'm no longer using, and then wanted to export newer saves.) Having it save them to the region folders may or may not solve that problem depending on how it's set up (e.g. if the non-export, actual save stuff is *also* in a subfolder, I can delete that subfolder while leaving the export one, or if I can export to a new region folder without actually saving at all then everything's perfect, but if niether of those is true then I still have to move the export subfolder before deleting the save).
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In addition to dropping them into their proper region folder, an [export all] option in Legends mode would be greatly appreciated too.
I know i can only speak for myself, but when i export the maps, i want all of them. I don't bother with only one or two.

So instead of having to come back to the game every few minutes to export the next one, i would rather just [export all], walk away to make coffee or something and come back to find the .xml, seeds and parameters and all maps ready for review.