Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to get quests now?  (Read 1654 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to get quests now?
« on: August 13, 2014, 07:06:37 pm »

I have no clue what to do now with the new update, people talk about things herassing them but iv not ever been officially given a quest or task yet and most things iv killed have been on my own little made up missions, I cant get the map to show me ware these caves they talk about are and such even when i ask them for directions it doesnt get added to a quest log, am i doing something wrong?  somebody help me get a quest to find a vampire or something, does it get added to my aggreements menu? and how do I make it Official, also if i complete a quest how do i turn it in for renown?

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to get quests now?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 08:24:09 pm »

You can simply hear them out and decide if you want to do something about it. Inquire about the location of the problem and get the message that it was marked on your map then look it up in your shift-Q menu.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 08:40:57 pm »

Inquire trouble and pick beasts, bandits, etc.. after they tell you ask for directions where to go. Exhaust all inquire trouble than press Q and highlight Beast/blah blah or Group/Blah Blah and press Z. Go to where Z is and kill the beast/boss/bandit camp/etc..

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 09:51:27 pm »

As for fame, it seems to be bugged because nobody cares even if you destroy every megabeast in existence
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 10:04:47 pm »

That's because personalities are currently limited to "murderous hatred of everything" and "complete and total apathy", both of which are expressed by profuse crying.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 10:07:19 pm »

As for fame, it seems to be bugged because nobody cares even if you destroy every megabeast in existence

I notice changes to your name at the bottom left hand screen after killing people. I believe its tied to reputation and fame, im not sure though.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 10:46:19 pm »

Everybody with a half-decent kill list has those.

It is inevitable.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 12:15:07 am »

Titles are tied to sentient kills.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.