Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone notice this?  (Read 1033 times)

halosammy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Anyone notice this?
« on: August 11, 2014, 08:06:31 pm »

Anyone notice this? Pretty much every time I load up a large world, humans conquer the planet in world gen with their necromancer towers. Seriously, those things spread like weeds and choke the life out of any civ that are next to. The funny thing is that on small worlds, the goblins usually win on long histories.

Slackratchet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone notice this?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 08:41:38 pm »

I am noticing the same things. I had one that finished 10,000 years in about 15 min. Unfortunately I failed to save it so I have no idea why it went so quickly.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 08:50:13 pm »

Yeah, the necro towers proliferate way too much.

halosammy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 09:46:29 pm »

We'll I hope that I can still make good use of these worlds. Those necromancers are like purple cancer. They set up shop side by side in all the good biomes, and I want no part of the bazillions of towers that are in the evil biomes.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 10:26:07 pm »

Are they outcompeting the gobbos now? I haven't had a chance to try the new version yet.

I bet they were bugged before and not properly carrying out conquests. Now that Toady "fixed" them...
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

halosammy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 10:37:07 pm »

Yeah. The only goblin civs that haven't gotten their shit wrecked are the ones that are either surrounded by mountains, or a safe distance away from everyone else. As for the necromancers conquering people, I think that they are still working for their civ after becoming necromancers. The result is army X being led by a necromancer.

My interpretation is that zombie armies have become the next generation of mercenary in this world.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 10:56:39 pm »

If they've supplanted even the goblins, they've got some serious force behind them. You should lead an adventurer on a Crusade against the wicked sorcerers and their foul hosts of restless dead. Armok vult! Fiat voluntas Eius!
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

halosammy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 11:05:57 pm »

Gimme a second while I count the towers.

halosammy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 11:19:17 pm »

More than 80. Sure, I'll go on a happy little crusade against 80 zombie fortresses.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 11:23:12 pm »

This calls for a Bronze Colossus adventurer.