Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possessed gem cutter does not finish  (Read 616 times)

Grahar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possessed gem cutter does not finish
« on: August 11, 2014, 06:06:58 am »

So... a month ago or so, my best (and only) gem cutter got possessed and claimed a jeweler's workshop. He took one rough sapphire and begun a mysterious construction. And he keeps muttering Irolmeng, but he does not finish his project. When I looked into the 't'-menu of the workshop, the saphire he acquired is gone. I have no idea why, but I suppose this is the reason for not finishing the mood.
What happened?
Update: now he went berserk. What the? he had everything he needed, he even started and I have not deconstructed the workshop.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:09:10 am by Grahar »
I am an or-di-na-ry dwarf
burning down the !!fort!!

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possessed gem cutter does not finish
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 07:43:52 am »

Well like you pointed out, the sapphire was gone.  This is absoloutely the reason the mood failed and he went berserk..

However I cannot for the life of me think of any way of taking an item from a moody dwarf barring direct player intervention with intent.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Possessed gem cutter does not finish
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 08:26:20 am »

At some point, you accidentally marked his gem as Forbidden. As you have observed, you must never do this with strange moods which have started construction.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.