Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No outpost liaison? How curious...  (Read 1779 times)

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No outpost liaison? How curious...
« on: August 12, 2014, 02:15:00 pm »

Exactly what the title says. In the first autumn after the founding of the outpost "Driventorches" the caravan shows up, but without a liaison and with the message: "No outpost liaison? How curious..."

Anybody understand what a missing liaison signifies? The "..." makes me feel like this means a nasty surprise is in store...

EDIT:
This is version 0.40.08 if anyone wants to know.

Treah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No outpost liaison? How curious...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 02:41:40 pm »

I had this same problem in my fort 40.0.7 tho. I then had the caravan get stuck unloading goods then switched to there are no merchants right now. However they were still sitting on the depot. I deconstructed the depot and the wagon then warped off the map. Bonus was I got all the stuff :P. Ive started a new fort and will test to see if this is a persistent issue.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 02:52:10 pm »

Anybody understand what a missing liaison signifies? The "..." makes me feel like this means a nasty surprise is in store...
It's a debugging message added by Toady to alert the player that something has gone wrong - the only likely "nasty surprise" it could foretell might be the fact that your dwarves are the last surviving members of your entire civilization (since it tried to appoint a liaison from the population of your mountainhomes but failed to find anyone suitable).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 06:19:37 pm »

It's a debugging message added by Toady to alert the player that something has gone wrong - the only likely "nasty surprise" it could foretell might be the fact that your dwarves are the last surviving members of your entire civilization (since it tried to appoint a liaison from the population of your mountainhomes but failed to find anyone suitable).

Except for all the caravans and migrants who will keep arriving from Armok-knows-where.  Unless that got fixed.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz