Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mist generation problem  (Read 871 times)

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mist generation problem
« on: August 09, 2014, 07:23:28 pm »

i am trying to make more than one mini mist generators in a row and i can only seem to get one going.  i have tried each separately and they all work, just not all at once.  i have taken a picture of it when the middle of the three was running and the bottom picture is the next floor down. i have 3000 excess power so i know that's not the problem.

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mist generation problem
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 07:28:46 pm »

ALSO:
before i do what i'm planning, will it work on a different z level? i want to put them around my meeting hall aswell; perhaps i need to connect them all?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 07:30:17 pm by ltprifti »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 02:21:59 am »

They look alright to me.

I once did a 16+ pump mist generator over my dining hall, but decided it was a massive overkill. I forgot if I used clusters of 4 pumps or if it was all linked together with 1 stack of 7 water going through all pumps in turn. Now I just use a 4 pump setup with social zones both under it and in all 4 places where the water can be on the upper level (over floor grates). It seems sufficient, is faster to build and even trains some drowning swimming.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 04:52:18 am »

so i had to jump at the opportunity for some science; I found that only one would work, but it didn't matter how big it was so i made it as long as possible

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 08:06:43 am »

The guard statues on the left and right aren't all muddy - is the water actually circulating in all 3 of them?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.