Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Baby snatchers? (and other questions)  (Read 1060 times)

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Baby snatchers? (and other questions)
« on: August 08, 2014, 08:11:10 pm »

What will happen if I make every civilization baby snatchers? Would it make it possible to get migrants of other races? Would it make goblins friendly?

How would I mod my game to get goblin and kobold caravans? Is there any way I could make elves bring me barrels of human/dwarf/goblin/kobold/elf meat since they are cannibals?

Could I create dwarves who breathe underwater so that I could settle in the ocean and make a sea fortress?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:18:11 pm by satan »
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby snatchers?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 08:29:05 pm »

What will happen if I make every civilization baby snatchers? Would it make it possible to get migrants of other races? Would it make goblins friendly?

How would I mod my game to get goblin and kobold caravans?

1. No. You can only receive migrants that are of the main race of the civ. If you do manage to get non-dwarves into your fort, they would not behave properly anyways.
2. Yes. Baby snatching civs are friendly to each other.
3. To be able to trade with them, you need to be friendly with them. They already have the necessary progress triggers, but they may also need to be given access to pack animals.

The baby snatching tag and the item stealing tag can be used to control friendliness with other civilizations.

Baby snatchers are hostile to all non-baby-snatchers, and item thieves are hostile to all non-item thieves. Civs that both snatch babies and steal items are only friendly with other civs that also both snatch babies and steal items.

4. Water pathing is broken, and you cannot embark in an ocean tile. Attempting to force an embark into an ocean without at least some dry land in previous versions would result in an instant game-over.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:31:06 pm by BlackFlyme »

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Baby snatchers? (and other questions)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 09:01:43 pm »

To give them access to pack animals I just give them the [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK] tag?
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Baby snatchers? (and other questions)
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 02:23:39 pm »

OH MY GOD. I just got a goblin caravan, and they're selling a bunch of stuff made of troll fur. That's so cute!
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ