Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why no information about Hungry/Thirsty status in Health screen?  (Read 1111 times)

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile

Is there any particular reason that hungry animals don't have their "hungry" status shown in the health screen? The same applies to dwarves, also their "thirsty" status doesn't show. Only starving animals have their status updated. Is it maybe related to the skill of master medic?

I don't care much about dwarves, because they'll find a way, but with huge animal herds that's a problem. When they are starving it may bee too late to transfer them to the greener pastures, and they may instead transfer themselves to celestial green pastures.

BatCountry

• Bay Watcher
  • We can't stop here...
    • View Profile
Re: Why no information about Hungry/Thirsty status in Health screen?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 02:22:27 pm »

It's there (at least in 40.04 if you have a chief medical dwarf).

There are multiple pages on the Health view, and a yellow arrow indicating any additional statuses which are off-screen.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 02:37:35 pm »

It's there (at least in 40.04 if you have a chief medical dwarf).

There are multiple pages on the Health view, and a yellow arrow indicating any additional statuses which are off-screen.

What I mean is that there's no actual indication on the screen. It is in the legend (brown H~), but not on the list of units. Starving indication (red H!) is present, but it is too late to be useful.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 03:47:59 pm »

Follow this bug for updates to this.

If you have a current save (40.06+) demonstrating this problem, please compress (.zip) your DF/data/save/region folder, upload it to http://dffd.wimbli.com, and post a link to it in the bug report.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 07:39:25 am by Dwarfu »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 09:26:37 pm »

Follow this bug for updates to this.

If you have a current save (40.06+) demonstrating this problem, please compress (.zip) your DF/data/save/region folder, upload it to http://dffd.wimbli.com, and post a link to it in the bug report.
Wrong bug.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 09:40:17 am »

Wrong bug.

Derp...fixed.

I have added note and a save http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9340 with both Starving and Hungry animals (during siege by gobbos). I'm not sure Toady is checking on the older version bugs however, because apparently this bug (or feature) was present in DF2010.

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 12:46:45 pm »

I've always been able to see it about everyone