Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prisoner management in DF 40_05  (Read 537 times)

R@bbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Prisoner management in DF 40_05
« on: August 03, 2014, 11:38:44 am »

In former forts on former versions of the current game, I would have pits/ponds where the prisoners could be dropped which would allow for the re-use of cages without having to build the cages/link then to a lever/ and then dispose of the prisoner.  Currently, I have a seige of undead.  On trying to bring the undead prisoners to a deep pit, the undead simply attack the animal haulers immediately on release.  Could this be a bug, or is this a new feature?  What are the recommended methods of prisoner management in the current version?  I was thinking that I could try to dump the cages to a zone under a bridge and then smash them.  This would work for now, but I would have to stock up on cages.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prisoner management in DF 40_05
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 02:19:30 pm »

Currently, I have a seige of undead.  On trying to bring the undead prisoners to a deep pit, the undead simply attack the animal haulers immediately on release.  Could this be a bug, or is this a new feature?

It is bug 7751 (and a few others) which are marked as "fixed in next version".
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 05:28:12 pm »

And now with 40.06 they should both be fixed! (At least according to the dev log), though undead creatures attacking their haulers might be a different problem. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

R@bbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 06:40:59 pm »

Lol, thanks for your reply!  I wasn't so sure that it was a bug.  I makes sense that prisoners (especially undeads with no fear or pain) might resist being thrown into a pit.  I am going to test how things work with the new version :)

R@bbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 08:12:11 pm »

As an update, placing the undead in pits/ponds does not work reliably.  In about six attempts, I managed to get the undead goblin into the pit only on one try (this may have been due to the undead simply falling in).  I tried with and without hatch covers and with the animal stockpile next to and not next to the pit/pond area.  The undead immediately attack the dwarves with animal hauling on being liberated from the cages