Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where are all the baddies?  (Read 1051 times)

Nevenrial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Where are all the baddies?
« on: August 03, 2014, 03:56:24 pm »

After one siege, nobody wants to play anymore. It's been 5+ years. This is my 4th fort where I feel like I've been playing on some type of peace & love mode.  :-[

I even parked my fort right next to two goblin sites (they don't seem to mind at all), I'm King, and have a total value of over 1 million.

Any suggestions?

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
Re: Where are all the baddies?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 04:01:34 pm »

during the ceasefire, I built a giant sign out of paved road that says "you fight like elven ladies, come at me bro!". It didn't actually do anything, but they did send a siege the next year.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Nevenrial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 04:04:49 pm »

Hmm perhaps it is time to pinch the cheeks of the tree hugging berry lovers. How does one start a war with the war-less?

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 04:05:54 pm »

Hmm perhaps it is time to pinch the cheeks of the tree hugging berry lovers. How does one start a war with the war-less?
Sell them trees. They mind being butchered a lot less than they mind tree-desecration. Remember to leave one alive to tell the others!

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 04:19:21 pm »

elven diplomats are back. kill them or ignore their demands.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 04:23:56 pm »

Invasions are totally bugged now, since the neighbour pathing code is apparently fundamentally broken.  Try embarking in an evil area for now, the undead are more than enough to provide a good challenge.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 06:06:54 pm »

Titans too are still able to invade once you reach the fortress wealth requirement (assuming you still have titans alive on your world), but that usually require lots of time to produce enough wealth (or have a few mood-striken dwarves making artifacts given randomly very high value)

But goblins as invaders are sadly broken in current version, hopefully fixed in an incoming bugfix release.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:09:35 pm by Robsoie »