Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible Invasion/Migration bug; definite masterwork bug  (Read 440 times)

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possible Invasion/Migration bug; definite masterwork bug
« on: August 03, 2014, 12:57:41 pm »

World generated and game started in 40.03; currently playing in 40.05.  First and only fort in the world; has each civ type + tower as neighbors.  Start year 501; currently 503.

I had two sieges early on--the first or second year.  One small band of mixed undead, one small band of live gobbos.  My fort actually has wealth now, but all I've seen since were two very annoying bands of grey langurpeople.

I got the two migrant waves, and since then, nada.  I seem to be stuck at 19 dorfs.  I've checked the sites and pops; there are almost 15000 dwarves in the world, and several thousand are non-undead belonging to my civ.  The bulk of them seem to be living in hillocks instead of fortresses, if that affects things.  I've upped the population cap in d_init.txt a couple times; haven't even had a birth from any of the married couples.

My best mason regularly cranks out masterwork statues that the game announces as interesting.  Masterwork demon statues, left and right!  However...  when I actually check the stocks, it's the same-old, same-old disappointing statues of my expedition leader.  Is this a known bug?
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Possible Invasion/Migration bug; definite masterwork bug
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 01:03:57 pm »

My best mason regularly cranks out masterwork statues that the game announces as interesting.  Masterwork demon statues, left and right!  However...  when I actually check the stocks, it's the same-old, same-old disappointing statues of my expedition leader.  Is this a known bug?
A brief search on the bug tracker shows that yes, it is a known bug. In the future, you can do these searches yourself instead of asking somebody on the forums to do it for you.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Invasion/Migration bug; definite masterwork bug
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 05:22:54 pm »

I...  think I've got the search function there figured out.  (Looks like "feather tree egg yolk" in the depot is also a known bug.)

And...  after much flailing on Mantis, it looks like my issue is...  uhm.  Using a 40.03 version of d_init.txt.  Derp derp.

*facepalms*  Thanks, sorry; I'll just show myself out now.
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7