Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Object of worship  (Read 410 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Object of worship
« on: August 02, 2014, 04:05:24 pm »

http://puu.sh/aBXnr/e1ee4fdea1.png

Hmmm what's this? This is in the relations list of one of my dwarves.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Object of worship
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 04:17:34 pm »

Is it referenced in legends mode? What happends if you try and look at the information for this like you would a deity?
This is a blank sig.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 06:10:14 pm »

It's probably a megabeast or titan that's accrued a large kill list. If they have the [POWER] token, they can be worshiped by civilized creatures, in the vain hope that it will respect its worshipers. (This relationship has no effect on the creature's AI in combat.)
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 11:02:11 pm »

It's probably a megabeast or titan that's accrued a large kill list. If they have the [POWER] token, they can be worshiped by civilized creatures, in the vain hope that it will respect its worshipers. (This relationship has no effect on the creature's AI in combat.)
I've seen some legends mode entries in DF2012 where they actually do go bother someone else after that happens. May or may not be a coincidence.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?