Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Dungeon Guild (TSG)  (Read 10948 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Guild (TSG)
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2014, 09:38:56 pm »

(yay! And yea, even feasibility-checking of non-preexisting runes needing a roll and thus to occur in-turn seems fair.)

> Try mixing the honey with lamp oil, and burn it with a think wick that' usualy give to little light...

> Make a metal capsule that'll gradually release the honey over a few days in small doses, put it in a zombie.

> Does it look like large quantities of this honey will keep being available at reasonable prices for the foreseeable future? try making a "generator rune" to convert it into energy for empowering other runes.

> Try contacting Daths wife with a telepathy rune, then just give that to him. Long-distance relationship is better than nothing!

> Make a sword handle, which instead of a blade has a metal thread as thin as the finest silk. Put a Hardness rune on it while it's hanging upside down. Hopefully, get a cutting line, near invisible, and sharper than any blade. May need a lot of custom tweaking of the hardness rune and/opr combination with stasis rune to work right.

> Lets design a crossbow around what we have. Start with standard steel crossbow design. Hardness rune means some structural stuff can be removed, making it lighter. Repair rune on the *wound up/loaded* state hopefully making it auto reloading, but even if not self repair means we can cut corners on structural material normally needed for it not to break. Warp rune for reloading with bolts of fire obviously. Providing the flame is a small container of kerosene with a wick, which thanks to the rune of holding holds actually quite a lot, this look sort of like the pilot flame on a flamethrower to give you an idea.

> Start developing Animation Runes! We already have the summoning rune, which makes runic animals which presumably don't work entirely using biological muscles, and the resurrection rune, which can make corpses move even if the muscles have rotted away, and both of these seem to be controlled by the intentions of the owner in similar ways. Should be possible to reverse engineer the mechanism these share, and manually apply it to arbitrary objects!

> Transferring souls must be done! Add this task to the team already working on mind control, since it seems quite similar.

> Runic traps! This is an entirely new project, but would it be feasible to link a sight rune to for example a destruction rune, so it goes of when it sees something specific? Preferably, this should be modular, si it can triger any rune and do different conditions and maybe even basic programing like tasks like boolean operators in rune form.

+1 an get 5 more scientists and 50 more assistants.

We need the extra manpower/ researching capacity.
Well, yes, but first! A SPEECH.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2014, 10:09:52 pm »

1. How are runes and spells powered in this world? Do they activate using the activator's own lifeforce as a catalyst to start drawing in ambient magical energy in the environment or do they act as a battery-powered device of sorts using implied human magical energies?

2. Is there a need to convert ambient magic and/or human magic into a more highly refined magical energy in order to use magical abilities and power runes?

3. Would it be possible to carve/tattoo runes into people using their own body as the base of the runic array itself and relying on the user to power the runic array?

3a. If above is possible, could we be able to tattoo/carve a Haste runic array that would affect the nervous system of the body in order to incrase reflexes and perception capabilities so that we could have Kiritsugu Emiyas running around?

4. Are the magic storage units of humans physical, metaphysical, or non-existent?

Sorry for the potentially useless questions. Anyways:
Hire 5 scientists and 11 assistants in order to get 2 assistants for each scientists and to keep up with the increasing amount of projects. Start building an effective administration by hiring on and training accountants, a guard captain, and general secretaries in order to ensure and efficient and smooth running of affairs. Have the menial labor force start reinforcing and strengthening the labs and their equipment in order to promote a safer working place. Send the adventurers out to search for treasures and magical weapons that we could research and replicate the effects of. Coerce a team of scientists to study the human anatomy by securing cadavers to study upon and make the best map thy can of the human body. Lastly, get some therapists in here and maybe request a man of the cloth to be stationed in the Guild.

EDIT: Have 2 scientists and their teams start focusing on researching devices that will be able to measure magical effects more accurately than biased observation in order to provide faster research speeds and to eventually aid in measuring the effects that different runic sentences/arrays/combinations have.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 03:36:19 pm by Kaferian »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2014, 10:21:47 pm »

1. Runes, like scrolls, are powered by the words that are written on them. Scrolls and runes merely use a different alphabet and language. Scrolls and runes must be activated by living humans; runes by touching the runic symbol and scrolls by ripping the paper in half. Spells on the other hand require a much more disciplined user, as their spells are spoken verbally.

2. Not much research has been put on the subject, but monsters have been captured and tested and they cannot activate scrolls or use spells (unless they're evil humans who've sided with monsters)

3. You can try doing so and see the results!

3a. As above.

4. You mean the storage runes I mentioned earlier? Each rune is it's own pocket dimension of sorts. Just imagine an empty room to put all your junk in, compressed into a hand-held stone.

Asking questions is fine, don't worry about it.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2014, 12:23:53 am »

BUT FIRST, A SPEECH!:
"Hello and welcome to this fine, fine laboratory! I. So glad most of you are still alive and I promise I'll remember de.. Da... Dath! That's it, I'll remember his name until like two days have past.
In any case, I believe that this honey could be used for a lot of stuff, so I want you to try applying small amounts to any wounds present, also try taste tests, that wouldn't be too bad and we would finally be able to tell those soldiers what it could do.

As well as that, see if you can't dilute that honey and spray it on wounds, but only if the applying topically thing works.
Next up, let's look at that armour those soldiers are wearing, if it's mostly stingers that are being used, then perhaps some armour could be fashioned that only protects against spearing attacks, as well as this, phone up some guild that fights and stuff to bring back a wasp or bee stinger, if they are as strong as I think they are, then this could be amazing for our weaponry.

All runes are to being worked on are to be continued on and also I feel that forays into body modification from runes are to be experimented with, start off with imbuing an assistant with a hardening rune if you could.

AS WELL AS THAT, I feel that this one random guys of hireing those 5 extra scientists and 11 assistants would be a great idea, so get on that secretary lady!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2014, 10:00:40 am »

Bump

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2014, 03:55:34 pm »

Bump

+1

BUT FIRST, A SPEECH!:
"Hello and welcome to this fine, fine laboratory! I. So glad most of you are still alive and I promise I'll remember de.. Da... Dath! That's it, I'll remember his name until like two days have past.
In any case, I believe that this honey could be used for a lot of stuff, so I want you to try applying small amounts to any wounds present, also try taste tests, that wouldn't be too bad and we would finally be able to tell those soldiers what it could do.

As well as that, see if you can't dilute that honey and spray it on wounds, but only if the applying topically thing works.
Next up, let's look at that armour those soldiers are wearing, if it's mostly stingers that are being used, then perhaps some armour could be fashioned that only protects against spearing attacks, as well as this, phone up some guild that fights and stuff to bring back a wasp or bee stinger, if they are as strong as I think they are, then this could be amazing for our weaponry.

All runes are to being worked on are to be continued on and also I feel that forays into body modification from runes are to be experimented with, start off with imbuing an assistant with a hardening rune if you could.

AS WELL AS THAT, I feel that this one random guys of hireing those 5 extra scientists and 11 assistants would be a great idea, so get on that secretary lady!

+1 to this also
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]