Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: OK, that's just not fair!  (Read 1963 times)

JonBrant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: OK, that's just not fair!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 07:51:44 pm »

I'm fairly sure I read that this was intentional. Hard coded like the first migrant wave iirc
JonBrant has been possessed!
JonBrant claims a computer!
JonBrant has begun a mysterious construction!
JonBrant has completed Kitten Blood Waterfall!

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 08:42:09 pm »

I've had it go both ways, very early sieges and no sieges at all.
More often none than early.
Similarely the "two" hardcoded migrant waves are.... not. I've gotten none once I think. I know I've gotten single waves a few times, no second wave till midway through the second year.

I like it a lot better than the hardcoded two migrant waves and no enemy action.

Causes more Fun.

I also, as a note, have been making it a habit to get under cover through a 1 tile opening ASAP, so I can build a single wall tile and be sealed in.
Paranoia has its place.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 02:24:56 pm »

Sieges in general are no longer hardcoded, but rather actually travel across the world map to get to your fort. They probably just happened to show up.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 02:48:52 pm »

I've noticed that the migrant waves only show up the first year if you start at the beginning of spring.  Otherwise you get them the following year.  Depending on how late you start, you might not get a winter caravan either in the first year, so plan accordingly.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.
Pages: 1 [2]