Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarvenized goblins  (Read 1994 times)

Uncertain

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Process & Project
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarvenized goblins
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 09:49:26 am »

Sounds to me as if the real "bug" is the whole way goblins are handled by worldgen. Based on what I've read, they need a demon to create their civilisation otherwise they'll never exist, yet they're capable of being reformed into decent people immediately after creation.

It feels to me like the races should be handled separately from good/evil alignment, seeing as any member of any race seems to have the capacity for any alignment. Surely having one species assumed to be evil from the start only means that they're denied the chance to deal with each other internally? It'd be nice if some worlds had the demons choose different species to corrupt at the beginning of time, so maybe goblins set up their own non-evil leadership and start sending out goblin diplomats and trade caravans while the elves lurk in their dark forests of evil.

Basically I think that if individual goblins can reform, the goblin species should be able to change its alignment as a whole, maybe after a goblin civil war, and it'd follow that any species would be able to become evil under the influence of demons in the same way that goblins become reformed under the influence of good (or at least as good as your average low-empathy, naturally violent dwarf).

Might be something that could be modded in, I'll have to look into it when I'm next drenched in time.
The next dwarf grabbed the goblin thief, by the eyeball with his eyeball, (blinding the goblin in the process)
Pages: 1 [2]