Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Building a wildlife conservatory...(?)  (Read 1211 times)

sphr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Building a wildlife conservatory...(?)
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 08:04:00 am »

say... just asking... anybody ever successfully breed megabeasts??? Caught a hydra recently....

high-yield beasts for skull totems.... (do we get 7 skulls for butchering a hydra)?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 02:37:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sphr:
<STRONG>say... just asking... anybody ever successfully breed megabeasts??? Caught a hydra recently....

high-yield beasts for skull totems.... (do we get 7 skulls for butchering a hydra)?</STRONG>

You only got 1 skull in the old 2D versions.

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 04:04:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Person:
<STRONG>

You only got 1 skull in the old 2D versions.</STRONG>

And still do.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 08:09:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sphr:
<STRONG>

"Conservatory" to me just means making sure animal types don't die out.  It has no conflict with them being food.  In fact, you can see it as ensuring a wide selection of meat.  Basically the "not eating" here can just mean "not eating the last mating pair".</STRONG>

Ah, but that means caring about something other than yourself. Totally un-dwarfish.

sphr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2008, 01:36:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Helmaroc:
<STRONG>

Ah, but that means caring about something other than yourself. Totally un-dwarfish.</STRONG>

Yes yes, too bad it's un-dwarfish by your standards. I just belong to those that want to play the game in unconventional ways, putting up some self-created challenges.  iow, I see DF as a toy more than a game.  So if your point is to get me to admit I'm a "elf-possessed" dwarf, I'll admit it if we can end that unproductive discussion.

P/S: Obviously you don't play DF in detail.  You don't know the depth of dwarvish bonds to other dwarves and to pets.

Pages: 1 [2]